Why use a saas ecommerce platform? Well it does have some great feature and benefits over WoocCmmerce if your project is doing some of the things outlined below. However lets start with some of the benefits (we do develop in Shopify and Bigcommerce as well).
- Cost-effectiveness: SaaS ecommerce platforms typically operate on a subscription-based model, which means that businesses can avoid the upfront costs associated with building and maintaining their own ecommerce infrastructure. This can make it more cost-effective for small and medium-sized businesses to get started with ecommerce.
- Scalability: SaaS ecommerce platforms can offer businesses the ability to scale their operations as they grow. With a SaaS solution, businesses can quickly and easily add new features and functionality as needed, without having to worry about the underlying technology.
- Flexibility: SaaS ecommerce platforms often offer a wide range of integrations and customization options, allowing businesses to tailor their online store to their specific needs. This can help businesses to create a unique shopping experience for their customers.
- Security: SaaS ecommerce platforms typically have built-in security features that can help protect against cyber threats, such as data breaches and hacking attempts. This can provide businesses with peace of mind knowing that their customer data is secure.
- Ease of use: SaaS ecommerce platforms are designed to be user-friendly, with intuitive interfaces and easy-to-use tools. This can help businesses to manage their ecommerce operations more efficiently, without requiring extensive technical expertise.
Every project we consider what the best platform for our clients projects. We develop our projects in WoocCmmerce in modules and using prebuilt and tested panels, baskets, checkouts and CRO focused conversion ready websites. So although WooCommerce isn’t a saas ecommerce platform the way we deploy it makes it compete and out perform in most cases an off the shelf Saas solution.
WooCommerce is not a SaaS ecommerce platform. It is an open-source ecommerce plugin for WordPress, which is a content management system (CMS). WooCommerce is installed as a plugin on a WordPress site, which means that the site owner is responsible for hosting, maintaining, and securing the website.
Unlike a SaaS ecommerce platform, WooCommerce requires the website owner to have some technical knowledge and expertise to set up and manage their online store. However, WooCommerce does offer a lot of flexibility and customization options, and it can be a good choice for businesses that want to build a unique and fully customised ecommerce store.
Why use Woocommerce over other frameworks for Ecommerce
There are several reasons why a business might choose to use WooCommerce over other ecommerce frameworks:
- Easy to use: WooCommerce is known for its user-friendly interface and ease of use. It is built as a WordPress plugin, which means that it integrates seamlessly with WordPress, making it easy for users to manage their online store and their website in one place.
- Flexibility: WooCommerce offers a lot of flexibility and customization options, making it easy to create a unique and fully customised ecommerce store. There are thousands of plugins and extensions available that can be used to add new features and functionality to a WooCommerce store.
- Large Community: WooCommerce has a large and active community of developers and users who contribute to the platform by creating new plugins, themes, and extensions. This means that there is a lot of support available for users, and there are many resources available for troubleshooting issues or finding answers to questions.
- Creating multisites with Woocommerce, this means you can have one CMS for your WooCommerce website and then have multiple versions of the website. This can be very advantageous when having versions for different countries or a number of brands.
- SEO-friendly: WooCommerce is built with SEO in mind, making it easy to optimise your ecommerce store for search engines. It offers features like customizable URLs, meta descriptions, and product tags that can help improve your store’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Overall, WooCommerce would be a great choice for businesses and brand that want a flexible, affordable, and user-friendly ecommerce solution that can be fully customised to meet their needs.