At adigi, Huddersfield leading digital agency were fascinated by our local surroundings that’s why we though we find out some interesting facts and figures to bring to life why we love our Huddersfield:
1. The local authority, Kirklees is the third biggest in England with coverage over 254 square miles, OF 72% is classed as green belt
2. The entire population of Huddersfield at last count (a couple of years ago) was 120k, of which they’re 30k+ students living within the area making it a very popular venue for getting further education
3. With a strong Victorian background there are 200+ listed buildings in and around the town centre of Huddersfield
4. Industrial past – Huddersfield was world renowned for the production and distribution of engineering and textiles, however in more recent years creative industries have become their no. 1 export with web design leading the way
5. Huddersfield Town Football Club and Huddersfield Giant’s Rugby League Team’s home, ‘The Galpharm Stadium’ won the prestigous Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) building of the year in 1995, another example of Huddersfield’s outstanding design pedigree
6. The British Silicon Valley – Huddersfield lies in the heartland of Yorkshire’s outstanding digital offering. With expertise in digital marketing, web design, website development and search engine optimisation offered throughout the region Huddersfield is well known for digital excellent in design, development and implementation of online marketing strategy
7. Syngenta, Holsets, David Brown and Mama’s & Papa’s are just some of the major national firms based in Huddersfield taking advantage of the web design skills of local digital agency’s
8. The design council has awarded Brook Hansen and Aireshower Millenium Product designations for product innovation. Proud to be part of Huddersfield and representing local design disciplines the companies truly portray the innovative skills of local businesses in design, product development and marketing strategy.
9. The Media Centre – re-developed and launched in 1995, Huddersfield Media Centre was created from an old mill. The creative lofts provide a space for creative, design and technical companies to operate. With a focus on the digital industry the centre has become well known for outstanding web design, website creation and development.
10. The three wheel ‘LSD’ car was built in Huddersfield just after the Great War, commonly known as the rarest car in Britain it now lives in the Tolson Historical Museum.
Huddersfield is an outstanding place with a long established history full of fascinating facts and huge amounts of promise for the future. At adigi we’re proud to be part of the digital marketing community in Huddersfield and servicing local businesses needs for web design, website development and search engine optimisation, further to this we’re proud to represent the Yorkshire digital agency arena as well.
17.06.2020 • Dan
13.05.2020 • Dan
30.01.2020 • Dan