With brands and clients who have a truly global presence, we deliver projects that can engage and convert across the world. We truly are the WordPress Enterprise multilingual specialists, delivering multilingual translation and localised WordPress projects with brands that have a high street presence.
Choosing the right multilingual, translation or localisation solution for enterprise WordPress development is not easy to get right. So what is for all you marketeers the solution and what is Multilingual WordPress development?
Multilingual WordPress development refers to the process of creating websites or web applications using WordPress that support multiple languages. It involves building a website framework in a CMS that can be translated and displayed in different languages to cater to a diverse audience.
WordPress itself provides some built-in features and plugins that facilitate multilingual development. However as an agency we have developed bespoke solutions and plugins to maximise the best solution and performance for a website. Here are some key aspects to consider when developing a multilingual WordPress site:
- Multilingual Plugin: Although there are several popular WordPress plugins available for managing multilingual content we have developed our own for bespoke solutions. These plugins allow you to create and manage translations for different languages. Examples include WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin), Polylang, and Weglot.
- Language Switching: We recommend implementing a language switcher that allows users to switch between different language versions of your website.
- SEO Considerations: We understand as an agency that multilingual websites require special attention to ensure search engines can understand and index the different language versions. It’s important to use proper hreflang tags, create language-specific sitemaps, and handle duplicate content correctly.
- RTL Support: If you plan to support languages that are written from right to left (RTL), such as Arabic or Hebrew, we need to recommend the best plugin for your requirements.
- Localisation: As an agency we consider beyond translating content, you may need to localise other aspects of your website, such as date formats, currency symbols, and other culturally specific elements.
It’s worth noting that while WordPress provides the foundation for multilingual development, the specific implementation and customisation may vary depending on your project requirements and chosen plugins. As an agency we would always scope out the best solution for your project before making any recommendations. It’s always a good idea to thoroughly test your multilingual site to ensure a smooth user experience across different languages.
Contact us today to discuss your project with us.